I would like to challenge you, my friends, to clean up your house like I have been for the last three weeks. So, here is the challenge…
- Fill one big black garbage bag with trash which has been sitting around your house for longer than you can remember. This is stuff like old boxed food in your cupboards, torn socks, etc,
- Recycle twice as much as is in the big black bag. So, if you can recycle paper, the boxed food gets thrown out, but the boxes get recycled (unless they are gross).
- Sell at least one item from each room of your house somewhere like eBay or craigslist.
With the cleaning I have done since the beginning of June, I have the following…
- three empty shelves in my kitchen cabinets
- one empty filing cabinet
- light bulbs
- writing implements (pens, pencils, and markers)
- ash trays (not in use)
I still have to list everything I have found to sell on some site, but I will get there soon which will give me even more space if the items sell. Hopefully they will, but I doubt it.
You might not know it, but this venture has made me feel better emotionally. I like knowing what I have and where to find it. The longer you live in a place, the more things pile up, so reduce the piles and find out just how much stuff you have. It is somewhat liberating, believe me.